(As seen on Many Kitchens)A
1 1/4 lb pork tenderloin
1 jar of Tamarind Date Sauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 2″ x 1/2″ slices
1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into 2″ x 1/2″ slices
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Bring the pork tenderloin to room temperature, season well with salt and coat with 3 tablespoons of Tamarind Date Sauce.
3. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper and toss the carrots and parsnips in the olive oil and a teaspoon of salt. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat the canola oil in a large skillet big enough to hold the pork. When the oil is hot, sear the pork for 2 minutes on all sides until nicely browned.
5. Remove the carrots and parsnips from the oven, stir well and make space for the pork in the middle of the cookie tray. Return to the oven for a further 15 – 20 minutes. If the vegetables are ready before the meat, remove them to a platter and tent with foil.
6. Lay the meat on top of the vegetables and brush with Tamarind Date Sauce before serving.